Firecracker 5K and family fun weekend

What a absolutely fantastic weekend spent with family....

Friday night they arrived in town and we didn't stop having fun until they left Sunday morning...

Saturday morning we headed into town for the Fourth of July Firecracker Run and Tot Trot
The race went great, I got 1st in my division with a time of 23 something. Kyle missed 3rd place with a time of 21 something..he ran a great race, left me in the dust:!!  It was a great day for a race... with an overcast sky and a little chill in the air...
 Look at Big E go...I couldn't even get a picture of Bubba..he flew out of the gates with his cousins..


 After the races, there were inflatables, pony rides, tractor pulls, and face painting for the kids...



Yes, that is my son with the "mike tyson" "hangover" face painting...he loved it and I think he totally rocked it!!! Aren't my nieces just precious:)
 We spent Sunday afternoon celebrating the birthdays of Kyle's Grandpa and Grandma.  Kyle is very lucky in the fact that he still has 4 of 4 grandparents alive and doing well for the most part. 

The boys and I biked in to the celebration....



 
The party was held across from the park so of course we said our hello's, gave our hugs, and then hit up the park for some play time.   
Bubba, Big E and their cousin Braylon..
 
Group shot
I spent the majority of Sunday cleaning....cleaned the boys bedrooms, cleaned our bedroom, cleaned the basement, laundry, dusted, mopped...on and on....I was in my element...

So as you can imagine we were all cashed by 7..we ate supper, showered, and the boys were asleep hard by 7:30...

Tonight...the weather is beautiful so we are going to be working outside trying to beauty up the backyard...

Oh, and we are moving our chicken coop to their summer spot...wish us luck, I think the think weighs about 5 tons...I will instagram video it...should be interesting...
-------------------------------------------------------------
I cannot believe it is July, any vacation plans scheduled?

Comments

Popular Posts