Our weekend and biting my tongue....

Hello all! Coming to you from my treadmill/walking desk.... What a great weekend and start to the week we have going on over here. School is streaming along for the boys, football is going great, and we have a couple things happening at work that the whole family is getting involved in...

First, a little Saturday morning flag football.


The rest of Saturday was spent working outside, fixing farm equipment, and watching our Iowa Hawkeyes beat in state rivals Iowa State!!! Woohoo

Sunday after church there was more working on farm equipment, and then a tackle football game (another team the Fireman coaches). Bubba watches the Fireman like a hawk during these games learning the plays, listening in on the huddles, absorbing all the football he can...

.I 

The Fireman is a "volunteer" coach for both teams.. he doesn't get paid, he does it because he loves the game, he loves coaching the kids..so when a parent standing on the fence line makes remarks towards the coaching staff and how his kid isn't going to learn anything standing on the sideline,  I am going to get a little defensive (I bit my tongue for as to not make a scene, but I can't promise I will the next time)  I want to ask these parents who can coach so much better than the guys out there... Are you at the practices every week, watching your kids,seeing how he is doing? Did you volunteer to coach?  Are you spending time away from your family to coach/teach someone else's kids about how to be a good team player, to play hard....or are you just whining to him when he gets home about the coaches and how he isn't getting enough playing time.   I could go on and on about this subject but I found a letter that puts it into much better words....

Monday night we enjoyed a cookout with residents and my bosses campsite...the weather was perfect so the boys and I to check out the Fossil Gorge and do some hiking.







Throw in basketball camp for Bubba on Sunday night and you have yourself a busy weekend....
Life as we  know it

Question: Would you have bit your tongue and not said anything to the parent that was berating the coaching staff, which included your husband?

Comments

Popular Posts