Zucchini Boats

As you saw in my last post, I had the chance to do some major meal prep for this week, on Sunday.  It was so nice coming home on Monday night and popping the meal in the oven, while I cleaned, the boys played, and Kyle helped his dad with some farmwork.

We were also supposed to head into the local baseball game but inclement weather looming forced Big E and I to stay home while the other two braved the weather...they got 4 innings in before being postponed to tonight and the weather sounds beautiful..so we will head in again to cheer on our Raiders!!!

Back to the boats...I prepped and assembled everything on Sunday so all I had to do was take it out of the fridge, pop in the oven, and wait....the boys boats had melted cheese on top and my side was sans cheese but topped with nutritional yeast and a big ole dollop of avocado on top. 
Zucchini Boats

Ingredients:
  • 3 medium size zucchini
  • 1.5 pounds of ground beef (may use turkey or whatever you like)
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
  • Shredded gouda cheese
Instructions:
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds in middle, creating space for meat mixture, and roast in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes

While zucchini is roasting, brown beef and add any spices you want to meat

When beef is browned add can of diced tomatoes to beef

Let simmer for a few minutes

Remove zucchini from oven

Spoon beef mixture in to zucchini boats

Top with cheese(optional)

Freeze or refridgerate for later

When ready to eat, preheat oven to 425 degrees, cover with tin foil and let cook until everything is hot and cheese is melted.


Class this morning at the rec was a AMRAP and Nichole had us sweating buckets...
(25 minutes)
Run 2 laps
40 Tricep Weighted Dips
30 lunges (15 each leg)
20 Pushups
10 Weighted Squats
5 Man-Makers
I think I got 4 rounds in but after awhile you just lose count and focus on getting through the exercises

WIWI(what i worked out in...clever huh)
Under Armour tank and capris, reebok gloves, Mizuno shoes-Inspires, and on my wrist is a Polar Heart Rate monitor...

And now I am off to work......hoping you and I both have a wonderful day!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Do you have a garden? Our zucchini are out of control...I need to make some more of this paleo zucchini bread...

Comments

Popular Posts