Increasing weight, more gardening, and paleo zucchini bread

The garden is BOOMING, and we Kyle and Bubba are busy canning....

I hate the smell of "pickling" so I leave that business up to them...

Kyle and I just love how much Bubba enjoys gardening...he is out there every night checking on the plants, picking veggies that need to be picked, and weeding...



This morning I had the brilliant idea of uppping my dumbbell weight for class.  Little did I know man makers supersetted with shoulder presses were on the schedule...good thing leg day is tomorrow because I might not be lifting my arms over my head. 
It was also a good thing that I wore my Mizuno Sayonarras as we did a lot of running this morning also...
The boys and I spent some time in the garden tonight ( I have a feeling that is where we will be spending our nights trying to keep up with the produce)
 Some beets...first time for me with these...we will see what I can come up with
And then I made my first batch of paleo zucchini bread...with added fresh raspberries from the vine
Ingredients:
2 cups of almond flour
1.5 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup grated zucchini
3 eggs
2 tablespoons of maple sugar
1 banana
1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl.  Combine all wet ingredients except for the zucchini.  Beat or whisk the wet ingredients until well combined.  Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients.  Pour mixture into loaf pan.  Bake for 35-40 minutes and let cool. 

If you can resist eating it right from the oven go ahead but the warmer the better for me.  

___________________________

What is your favorite way of preparing zucchini?


Comments

Popular Posts