Did I sit down?

Typing this at 9 p.m on a Sunday night.... on my porch listening to nature, some soothing music, smelling the cool night air, and thinking "wow, this is the first I have sat down all weekend but what a great weekend"

We didn't do anything special...
Just enjoyed the weather and worked around the house, getting things cleaned, landscaped, rearranged....

June Friday nights are spent at the baseball field watching Bubba play
 This particular Saturday morning we had a fundraiser race for some members of our church.  Monte, suffered a massive stroke, so we were raising funds to help their family out.  The response was amazing...

Sporting my Under Armour head bands, bright sunny yellow
 My two "tough mudders" in training ready for the race
 Family pre-race photo
 Getting ready for the race
 Stink eye sister #2 ran also...
Seeing the finish line...Big E has got it down...ride in the stroller the whole way, run the last 100 yards...man, wouldn't that be nice...
 Bubba ran the 3 miles with mom and dad...he did fantastic...most of the time I had to keep up with him....so proud of him
 Grandma was awesome and had fruit smoothies for us at the finish line...
 And of course PANCAKE Breakfast!!! We were hungry...
 And lest not forget our redneck way to travel...we didn't really ride with them in there but they sure wanted too!
P.S. The one with the goggles on is mine, don't ask...
 And then we had to cool off with some sprinkler action....
 While they were sprinkler-ing it up, Kyle and I were busy cleaning around the house, picking weeds, mowing, gardening, planting, cleaning...you would of thought we were nesting. 

As night rolled around we were all getting pretty tired so we opted for buzz cuts, pizza, and a movie night....

One would think I was pregnant the way I was cleaning this weekend, the house is clean, the GARAGE is clean somewhat presentable(yeah, wife of the year award here, I cleaned the garage out while the hubby was singing at the fundraiser(see above), ....and just try to find a weed in my landscaping...I dare you...

Some of my pretties.....

We ended the weekend with a grill out with stink eye sister #2 and Miss L but I didn't take any pictures(fail)....

Is it sad that I consider a weekend of cleaning and rearranging a FANTASTIC time...don't judge me...

Speaking of rearranging...I am so excited to show you some pictures of my "rearranging".  I will have everything done and ready tonight....:)

What did you do this weekend?

Comments

Popular Posts