Cancellations

We are getting rain here people, lots of it, and it doesn't look like it is going to subside until after this weekend...which means flooding.... which means sandbagging...which equals a big mess...

cross your fingers that it doesn't get that far....

Along with the flooding comes cancellations of outdoor activities.  Bubba's first baseball game was cancelled, my women's golf league night was cancelled(mother nature must not be aware that this momma needs her night of golfing)

I am hoping the rain stops for my half marathon on Saturday to knock off another Under Armour What's Beautiful challenge...I would like to run this race without being soaked and cold, and miserable....I guess we will see and adapt....

I enjoyed a easy 3 mile run to loosen up the legs today and some ab work...tomorrow and Friday I will be focusing on yoga and some light arm lifting to prepare for the race...


Last night we had this brisket I picked up from Costco..and it is so good, and so easy...perfect for nights when we are busy outside and do not want to mess in the kitchen...
 I served it with some roasted broccoli....
 Big E prefers baskets for seating...don't ask...
 With the crazy weather comes crazy weather related beauties...this double rainbow made it's appearance last night and it was so pretty...

My legs are still sore from this workout I did on Monday...wowzers...I know after the races I really want to shift my focus to lifting weights so I am looking forward to that.

Do you prefer cardio or weights?  I gotta admit I love the feeling of sweat dripping but I also love the shaky feeling from lifting...

Comments

Popular Posts