Was that the weekend that just flew by.....

It was city wide garage sales this weekend so stink eye sister and I embraced the beautiful weather and walked around town with Big E and Miss L checking them out. I am on the hunt for a round patio table with four chairs....(should you know anyone, send them my way
Saturday morning Bubba got to play some soccer and Big E was there to support him in all his coolness. 

Then we enjoyed a picnic surrounded by dogs just waiting for someone to drop some food on the ground
Since it is getting to be prime planting season, Kyle has been busy helping his father prepare the equipment.  I needed to get about 9 miles in this weekend for my long run and I knew that I needed to conquer some of those miles while Big E was sleeping....so I got 6 miles in while he slept than he and I got 3 more in outside once he woke up...


I got in some yoga abs...and boy were they burning
On our runs Sabel always takes a dip in the water to cool off....
Saturday night we had our Annual Fireman's Wives Supper.  Our fire department holds this dinner and evening to thank us wives for our help and "patience" with the firemen throughout the year...we had great food, great trivia (which our table dominated, sorry Kim:)) and it was a nice night out with my hottie!

Sunday was another FANTASTIC day weatherwise....and I got to enjoy it for most of the morning...but had to work in the afternoon...blerg.....I treated myself to an iced coffee to make myself feel better
While I did have to work, I got to go to the play "Oklahoma" which is one of my favorite musicals ever.  It was pretty good, long, but good.  We were told at the beginning to not sing along, how rude! 

As soon as I got home from working, we headed to the golf course to putt and chip, while we were waiting for our pizza order....


And this is just for kicks...Big E didn't get a nap today since he was hanging with dad all day and at this point he couldn't tell if he wanted to cry or laugh....
Bubba pulled his own moment, when he was reading a page out of a book he found....he was reading this book and he looked up at me in the truck and this was the conversation:
"mom, your job is to clean houses with brooms"
"well, that is one of my jobs B, I clean ours, what brought that up"
He then showed me the part in the book he had just read......
I was to tired to translate the actual meaning....

Anything exciting happen during your weekend?  Did you work?

Comments

Popular Posts