Farm Life 101: Moving Cows, retirement, and a 9 miler

The weather cooperated all day yesterday and even though it wasn't shorts and t-shirt weather it was nice enough we could be outside and enjoy the sun...

Bubba's soccer game was cancelled the night before due to wet field conditions and cold temps....imagine that the weather would be nice and it would of been a nice day to play...oh well, we got a jump start on moving cows...


And some video...the cows were not all that cooperative...
After the cows were moved, dinner was eaten, naps were started I headed out a nice long run...my legs felt good today, the weather was great, and I got 9 miles in....

By the time I got home I was feeling famished an "grilly"....so bacon hamburgers with a twist and homemade french fries/sweet potatoes fries ended up on the menu.
Inside the boys' hamburgers were bacon, cheese, and mushrooms..mine had no cheese...I topped my burger with tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado....

And among Big E's shenanigans he has now added fridge climber to his arsenal.  He wanted juice and he was trying to open the fridge and evidently our fridge has some good suction power. 

And in regards to a retirement, yes I am retiring at the age of 33, I WISH!!! I am actually retiring my dog Sabel from running my runs with me...on the 9 miler we got to mile 4 and she was limping and lagging way behind me...I think she has reached her limit at her old age, so now I am going to have to train my other dogs to run with me.  Sabel is the best running dog ever, I have never had to use a leash, she always runs in front of me and to my left, and won't take off after squirrels or rabbits.  She is also my protector..if someone would pull over to talk to me or a dog would come running at us, she would always stand between me and the car/dog making sure I was okay....running without my partner is going to be really tough...

 She ran like a spring chicken here...

How was your weather today?

Comments

Popular Posts