Whirlwind weekend

I could get used to having Friday's off....It was so nice knowing last night that I still had one more day of the weekend to enjoy...

If you follow me on Instagram you know Friday was our Annual Fish Fry for the Fire Department.  Kyle is a volunteer fireman and they are known for their fish fry.  It takes a lot firemen, the frying expertise of retired firemen, and some fantastic wives to make this thing run smoothly.  Myself and another wife are one of the fish "fillers"...making sure as soon as the fish is out of the fryers that it is transferred to the front line, the refill line or the carryout line ( and not gonna lie, we bust our balls running around...my legs are always exhausted by the end of the night...) I think they said we served over 1600 people...





My parents have made it a tradition to come down and attend the Fish Fry...they pretty much rock...and of course what trip down would be complete without a shopping day at the outlet mall 5 minutes away...

Luckily there is a GNC outlet and I could grab a favorite protein bar of me to fuel the shopping spree...
 

I found some great things at Reebok, UnderArmour, and Old Navy....I even got items bought for Christmas.... BAZINGA!

 My parents were at our house for most of the day and after the left and Big E got his nap in, we took the family to Menards!  We know how to roll in this family.  We got a storm door for our front door.  This way we can get a nice cross breeze through the house
 
....should spring and summer EVER GET HERE...because this is what we woke up to this morning...again....we had just gotten rid of all of it....bah humbug...
 The workout plan for today was that our group of Tough Mudders was going to do a group 5 mile run late in the afternoon.  I am all for "toughing" it through, but I was not about to run in the slop. cold, and snow, especially when I have a perfectly good treadmill at home.  So I busted out 6 miles on the ole treadmill and followed it up with some LesMillsPump strength training while Big E was napping (see my post on how I fit workouts in).  My arms were shot.  If you are interested in the LesMillsPump workouts, let me know.  The boys still went and it did not look like fun at all as they were leaving
PolarFT40, Proform Treadmill, UnderArmour capris, shoe: Mizuno Inspires

And now I am watching Robin Hood Men in Tights...such a great movie, classic.

Question of the Day?

Did you think I was a wuss for not running outside?

P.S. I don't care...I was warm, dry, and did some great interval work:)

Comments

Popular Posts