It Starts with Food review

 Screen Shot 2013-01-13 at 10.40.31 AM
I received a copy of the book "It Starts with Food" to review and have not done that review because I wanted to get the full 30 day experience.  Well that hasn't happened yet but I wanted to share my thoughts.  I have toyed with the idea of "paleo" and most of my dishes are paleoish but I haven't taken the full leap yet. I had many questions about it and this book "It Starts with Food" really cleared up a lot of things.

The basic concept of the book is that the"food you eat either makes you more healthy or less healthy.  Those are your options.

They focus on eliminating grains, dairy, white potatoes, sugar, and legume, and others from the diet to "reset" your body.

 Oh, and there is no stepping on the scale.  "Scale weight fluctuates, it doesn't reflect improvements in your health.  It's one of those parties holding you hostage to your unhealthy relationships with food." How true is that!

So what can you eat? Meat, seafood, eggs, lots of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of healthy fats.  And there is no ifs, ands, or buts..go 100% for 30 days   After the 30 days you can start reintroducing "less healthy" foods back into your diet one group at a time to see how your body reacts. 

I admit I started this program with the full intent to do the 30 days but was sidetracked by family things, work things, etc...(not an excuse) and I don't know as a mother and wife if doing the "cold turkey" is going to happen.

Some changes I have made, slowly eliminating dairy (almond milk for cow's milk), removing wheat products from my diet, and legumes.  It is a slow process but I think that is how it is going to have to work for right now...unless someone wants to buy groceries and plan the meals out for me specifically... while I feed my family, then I would be all in... 







I was given a free copy of the book for review, I was not compensated.  All opinions are my own

Comments

Popular Posts