Immersed

As you all know I attended a Yoga immersion this past weekend.  Immersed I was plus add in educated, enlightened, and extremely excited about my yoga practice and where this new form will take me.

Left Saturday morning in rainy/dreary weather......
Class began at 10 a.m. and just flew by.  Adamantine Yoga is the work of my Yoga Instructor James Miller, it is his new brand of yoga, sequencing, and breathwork.....
He took us through each individual pose and the breathwork with it.  It is hard to describe in words because the power behind it can't be described without experiencing it.  It combines everything I love in a yoga practice, strength, flexibilty, and breath while constantly challenging you. 

What I can say that I learned most about this weekend is to not overdue a pose.  You all know I love trying inversions, but some nights I would keep trying it over and over and over till I was getting so frustrated and then resent my practice and body for not being able to do it. 
This weekend I learned to just let it be.  If I didn't hit the handstand on the first try, move through it, go to something else, stop trying to make my yoga practice like someone else's....can you say BULLSEYE!
I cannot wait to see how my practice progresses and hopefully someday I will be able to teach this to others...
 That night we were served a delicious vegan, raw pizza, provided by Sheree Clark...the dessert date bars were amazing and I am going to try to recreate them for the hubby and kids and see how they like them...
I have family in the Des Moines area so I enjoyed some great conversation with my aunt and uncle and a glass of "sweet juice" .  I am so fortunate to have such great family...
 Sunday was spent going through the rest of the sequence and doing it on our own.  I am not going to lie, I was sweating through the whole thing, but felt so amazing afterwards. 

Drove home Sunday afternoon in rain/dreary weather.....
Arrived home to a clean house, laundry being folded, and kids napping.  Can you say SuperDad....I have to say my husband rocks....he encouraged me to do this immersion, mom guilt over leaving kids, he knew I would love it....
he took the kids to church
he bathed them,
kept them fed,
and did it without destroying my house....
I love that man I couldn't do any of the things I do without his support...THANKS BOO!  (he hates it when I call him that)

Since the kids were napping, I did a little Sunday prep work for my weekly meal plan

Monday:  Shredded BBQ Beef Sandwhiches
Tuesday: Zucchini Pasta
Wednesday: Chicken and black bean enchiladas for the boys ( I have a work event)
Thursday: Turkey Stuffed Red Peppers
Friday, Saturday: Visiting my parents, hubby is on his own
Sunday:  wing it when we get home

So there you have it, a fabulous weekend all recapped in a itty bitty writing space (name that similar movie quote)

Question of the Day:

Have you tried raw/vegan food?

Comments

Popular Posts