Almond Flour Banana Bread

This is quite possibly the best banana bread I have ever tasted.
  I adapted the recipe from Nutiva 
(I use their coconut oil all the time, in everything, for everything)

Ingredients

  • 3 cups almond flour blanched
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder 
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 Very Ripe Bananas
  • 1/2 cup stevia
  • 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
  • 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract

Instructions

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Grease a 12-muffin tin (or 1 loaf pan) with coconut oil.
  3. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  4. Mix wet ingredients in a medium bowl (in order listed).
  5. Add wet mixture to dry mixture.
  6. Transfer to pan.
  7. Bake muffins for about 20 – 25 minutes (or) bake a loaf for about 35 – 40 minutes.
  8. Let cool in pan for about 5-10 minutes.
  9. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
                  It has been my breakfast staple for the last two days...
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Do you really use a whole tablespoon of Vanilla extract? And am I supposed to add the rest of the coconut oil into the wet mixture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really use a whole tablespoon of Vanilla extract? And am I supposed to add the rest of the coconut oil into the wet mixture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, add the rest of the mixture to the wet mixture. Thanks for stopping by. I am going to have to make this again tonight. It is so good!

      Delete
  3. Ok, not to sound stupid, but what exactly do you mean by "blanched" Almond Flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So not stupid, I had the same question in the beginning. It is just the almonds are processed without the skins so it makes it a finer texture better for baking as oppose to the almond meal. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I added a little more flour and used Agave instead of the Stevia

    ReplyDelete
  5. this banana bread loaf was horrible I had to toss it. I followed the recipe to the tee. I think the amount of stevia needs to be reduced immensely!!!! the after taste of stevia is so bitter and impressive it just stays in your mouth. I'm actually more upset over all the expensive ingredients I used to bake this bread. I was super excited and was really looking forward to this loaf thinking about healthy it will be, but what a waste. if anyone has any alternatives or update on this recipe, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you did not like the recipe I got from the Nutiva website...I was trying out a recipe I thought I might enjoy and I did. I did not think it was too bitter but everyone has their own taste buds. I recently tried it with coconut sugar and liked it too. That is the great thing about recipes you can always adjust to your tastes. Someone also used agave instead of stevia.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts