Coconut Curry Shrimp concoction

 Ah Wednesday, even though I am posting this on Thursday,  I love that you signify that it is halfway through the week and the weekend is almost here....which means

1. parents coming for a visit to babysit and watch B play flag football

2. we get to watch our Hawkeyes start Big 10 play and hopefully score us a WIN

3. couples baby shower for my sis and bro-in-law with friends and family...should be a chaotic, fun night...

Workouts:

Bootcamp and a Treadmill Tempo Run for my halfmarathon training. 

(wearing Under Armour Tank/Capris, Mizuno Inspire Shoes)
Eats:
I was watching a cooking show on the Food Network the other day and they were cooking shrimp with coconut and curry.  I had it on as background noise so I have no idea who it was, but I was intrigued so I scoured the "internets" and combined things here and there for my simple version of Coconut Curry Shrimp with Spinach


Coconut Curry Shrimp with Spinach

by Casey Wetjen

Ingredients
  • Shrimp( I get mine deveined and tail off already to minimize work)
  • 2 tblsp Coconut Milk- I used Thai Lite Coconut Milk
  • 1 tsp of Curry Powder- I like curry but not a strong curry taste...you can add more if you want
  • 3-4 handfuls of spinach, I used 3 handfuls of fresh spinach and 1 handful of frozen spinach
  • 1 handful of Schwan's frozen red peppers and diced onions
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions
Add a tblsp of coconut oil to your frying pan
Add frozen peppers and diced onions, cook until thawed and caramelized
Mix your curry powder and coconut milk
Add in shrimp to your pan and cook till opaque
Depending on how you like your spinach you can either add it with the shrimp(spinach will get really "mushy") or after your shrimp have cooked a little bit and then add it(less mushy)
Before I am ready to serve, I add the curry powder and coconut milk combo, heat for a minute or so, and then serve
Powered by Recipage

I am sure this recipe has been done over and over, but thought I would throw it out there.  The husband loved it, I made quinoa for him to add to his for some carbs,  and B like the shrimp and peppers and wasn't so sure on the wilty mushy spinach....Big E, was just interested in putting the shrimp in his milk glass...lovely

Do you like curry? I have been really using it a lot of things...don't know why I haven't before!

Comments

Popular Posts