Gluten Free Coconut Tortillas with Garlic Shrimp

This supper was so good last night.  The boys (5 years and 17 months loved it) and I have really no clue where I got the tortilla recipe from but it was in my recipe box and I used it.   I am not completely gluten free but I try as much as I can to be, the way my stomach does not feel so bloated and crampy has been a welcome benefit , so any chance I get I will  try gluten free recipes.  I used Bob's Red Mill Coconut FlourI like the combination of a "sweet" tortilla with the saltiness of the garlic shrimp...hope you enjoy!

Gluten Free Coconut Flour Tortillas w/ Garlic Shrimp

by Casey Wetjen

Ingredients
    Coconut Flour Tortillas
    • 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
    • 8 Egg Whites
    • 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
    • 1/2 Cup Water
    • Coconut Oil for pan coating
    Garlic Shrimp Topping
    • Add garlic and coconut oil to pan
    • Add shrimp and saute till shrimp turn pink
    • Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
    Instructions
    Coconut Flour Tortillas
    Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl,
    Preheat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
    Place 1 Tsp coconut oil in the pan and swirl around to coat.
    Pour about 3 Tbsp of batter in the pan tilting the pan to spread the batter out and get a thin tortilla.
    Be patient when cooking tortillas and make sure they turn golden brown ohterwise it will rip.
    Once it gets golden Brown, flip to other side
    Remove to plate with the below filling and repeat
    Tortilla Assembly
    Coconut Flour Tortilla
    Lettuce
    Shrimp
    Avocado
    Fresh Homemade salsa from garden tomatoes
    Black Beans
    The possibilities are endless, mix and match however you want.
    Powered by Recipage

    Comments

    1. I bet this really tastes so good. I'll probably try this recipe as well and share it with my husband. He will surely love it too! I also like the idea that you use coconut oil to coat the pan instead of cooking oil. Great!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was really good...I hope he enjoys...Coconut Oil is my new BFF!

        Delete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts