A "Tough Mudder" Weekend Recap

Wow, what a great weekend spent with friends in Minnesota. They weather was great, the food was great, the company was FANTASTIC, and all of our guys made it safely through the ToughMudder obstacle course...

A recap in pictures and words
1. We embark on the roadtrip in our Astro van rental...high class people is how we roll...
2. We stop in Mason City, Iowa for some dinner at Whiskey Creek  DELICIOUS...they set up a table for us on the patio by the fire pit and that is where I enjoyed 3. Tilapia with an orange pineapple salsa....and a sweet potato.....phenomenal...stuffed to the "gills"(get it Tilapia..gills..can't make this up people) 4. The Menu 5.  Our "astrovan" group shot....Thank You Whiskey Creek for great service, phenomenal food, and heavenly strawberry margaritas....

We arrived to Burnsville, MN at around 9 o'clock and met up with the other half of our group, enjoyed some drinks and then called it a night in preparation for the next day...

1. I got in a early morning run and broke in my 2. Merrell Dash Glove Shoes( in love with these even more than my pace shoes) 3. We arrive to Somerset, Wisonsin and get the boys prepared for the race...hydrating with 9. NUUN tablets, love them and so did the guys!  4. and 5. Guys, prerace...6. Girls, pre-race 7.  A little mud love from Rocky and Doc! 10. Girls hiking from obstacle to obstacle....and here are some tips for Tough Mudder personnel...
1. If you are going to make me pay to be a spectator...I expect signs pointing direction for obstacles and a better map, I spent half the time looking for the obstacles....
2. Hydrating the boys with hot cooler water, not cool...I think they would have preferred something a little cooler and refreshing, we don't want dehydration....
Not just my own opinions, the people I was running to find obstacles with, would agree!
11. Post Race supper and drinks....for a job well done...
Sunday we loaded up the "astrovan" again and headed out for the 5 mile road trip back home.  It was a great weekend and the Tough Mudder race looks absolutely fantastic.  The minute they were waiting in line to head out on the course I was kicking myself for not signing up because of cost...it is expensive to run this thing and I compromised with my husband that I would do the Warrior Dash instead. Next year, we would like to do the race together which will be fun! 

Loved the adult weekend away but was so happy to see my boys when I got home....those smiling faces happy to see me....priceless...

I will be posting a video of the race in the next couple of days...stay tuned....

Have you done an obstacle course race? I am excited for the Warrior Dash on July 16th.

Comments

  1. I haven't done any. Truth is I am terrified of getting injured. Hubby did the Spartan in February and saw so many people with broken bones :s and he got hurt himself. If you are up for it please be careful out there ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts