Gluten Free Banana and Coconut Flour Protein Muffins

I am experimenting with a gluten free diet and I use the word experimenting loosely because this is a whole new ballgame. I cannot believe how many products contain gluten and how diligent you have to be on reading labels...I needed a good mid morning snack with protein and was gluten free so I took a banana muffin recipe I had and tweaked  it to be gluten free....

  • Makes 6  Muffins
  • Start with ingredients at room temperature:
  • 3 eggs room temperature( I used 1 whole egg and 2 egg white)
  • 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1 scoop of Energy First Vanilla whey protein
  • 1/4 teaspoon  baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons currants

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 400° F

Grease a 6 cup muffin tin

Melt coconut oil .
Mix the first five ingredients together.
Combine the coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon
Mix the wet and dry ingredients until smooth
Fold in currants, if using.
Pour into muffin pan

Bake at 400° F  for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool, then store in a container and refrigerate.

What I liked: The flavors all together..I like coconut oil and banana and vanilla combination
 What I would of changed...I would of added a little liquid, while the bananas did leave it moist I think with the protein powder it needs just a tablespoon of unsweetened almond milk.  I will try that on my next batch.

I have my batch in the freezer and it was so convenient to "grab and go" and let it defrost in my cooler to enjoy at mid morning snack time!  

What is your favorite gluten free recipe?

Comments

Popular Posts