A quickie....supper for 4

Get your heads out of the gutter....just wanted to share our supper last night.  It was quick, it was painless, it was GREAT, and it was clean and healthy....I like those kind of suppers so we can eat and I can spend time with my boys before the go to bed...the 1 year old gets tired about 7p.m. so we don't get much time with him...
Plus with this recipe, I get to use basil from my herb plants growing on my window sill...so excited for summer to transplant these babies and get a real garden growing....my husband I just love it and he told me that I could get a greenhouse so we could start growing veggies during the winter...WOOOHHOOO...


Tomato Garlic Basil Pasta

Ingredients

  • 1/2 (teaspoon) Pepper
  • 1/2 (teaspoon) Kosher Salt
  • 3 (tablespoon) Olive Oil
  • 12 Basil Leaves (torn into smallish pieces)
  • 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
  • 1 (pound) Tomato
  • 1 (pound) whole wheat Pasta

Directions

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  2. Remove seeds from tomatoes and chop roughly.
  3. Put tomatoes in a bowl with the garlic, basil and olive oil - season with salt & pepper.
  4. Drain pasta, add to bowl and toss well with tomato mixture.
  5. Serve with shredded parmesan cheese and some fresh mozzarella if you have some in the fridge
Didn't I say it was easy peasy....

Comments

Popular Posts