Overnight Oats delight

Oh,oh.oh, afternoon delight...(visions of the movie "Anchorman' and them singing are bouncing through my head)

Had a great and frustrating Bootcamp workout this morning.  One of the stations was planks on the balls, balls as in plural, as in, legs up on one, plank hold on the other.  I for the life of me could not get up on my own, instructor had to help, but once I got on I was good and could balance.  I guess it is something for me to work on.....I powered through and was so looking forward to breakfast which I had started the night before......


OVERNIGHT OATS

Overnight Steel Cut Oats

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cup steel cut oats (do not substitute rolled oats)
6 cups water
3/4 cup of almond breeze coconut milk(use can use any milk you prefer)
1/2 cup mixed dried fruit(prunes,apricots,etc)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a slow cooker combine oats, water, milk, half & half, raisins, cranberries and salt. Turn slow cooker to “warm” setting overnight. Oats should be creamy, cooked through and done in 8 hours. Note use “warm” instead of “low” or they will be over-cooked.

2. Once cooked, stir in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

 Makes 4-6 servings.
Note: If you want your oats with more of a crunch, you will have to cook them less (use a little less liquid) 
This was so good, and so filling....and convenient for the morning chaos that ensues at our house! I devoured it before I could take a picture...sorry:)

Comments

Popular Posts