Breakfast Quinoa

I had been reading in my Clean Eating Magazine and Oxygen magazine about quinoa for breakfast so I thought I would give it a try.  No real recipe followed, just kind of threw stuff together that I had on hand and what came about was delicious!  It was so filling and soooooo good.  Enjoy.
Breakfast Quinoa
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
2 cups I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk or you can use skim milk
1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice, I like apricots, mango, berries, chopped
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey, or agave
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese or  low-fat ricotta
Directions:
In a small saucepan, combined the quinoa and milk and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the milk has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Lightly fluff the quinoa with a fork; add the dried fruit,  maple syrup,  and cinnamon and stir well until heated through.
Top each portion of quinoa with a tablespoon of cottage cheese or  ricotta and serve.

The great thing about this is you can whatever you want to your liking. Almonds, orange zest, raisins, the sky is the limit!:)

Comments

Popular Posts