Half Marathon...check

My husband and I decided to run the IMT Des Moines Half Marathon last Sunday.  We have been juggling trainining between farm work and watching our two boys.  Love that we can work together and make sure each of us gets in a run. 
The run went awesome, the weather was brisk, the course was flat, and the festivities were great surrounding the race.  I am not a speed racer and I wasn't out for an amazing time, I wanted under 2 hours and that is what I got.  Completing these marathons is an accomplishment for me, since I was never a "endurance runner" and have become one as I have gotten older. 

 We minimalized what we brought to the race area so it wasn't sitting in a bag and my phone and camera were sacrificed.  There were however, thousands of people from Marathonfoto taking pictures so I will grab one from there and post as soon as they are done!

A recipe from last night that I thought would share that I loved...
Clean Eating Tuna Chicken Casserole (thought I had tuna in the house, but didn't, so I substitued chicken)

Ingredients

  • 2 cans drained tuna
  • 1 pkg whole wheat noodles any variety
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped pepper
  • 1 stalk celery chopped
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic finely minced
  • 1 cup cottage cheese lowfat or nonfat
  • 1 cup lowfat shredded cheese
  • clean cooking spray or olive oil
  • sea salt
  • black pepper

Instructions

1 Cook noodles according to package directions, while noodles are cooking prepare all of your veggies.

2 Saute vegetables in fry pan with clean cooking spray or olive oil, just until tender.

3 Place in casserole dish along with tuna, put in drained cooked pasta and cottage cheese, stir until all combined.

4 Top with the shredded cheese and sea salt and pepper to taste. Place in 350 degree oven and bake for about 20 -25 minutes until cheese is melted and blubbly.

Comments

Popular Posts