Clean Eating Black Bean Pumpkin Chili

I have been battling a cough and stuffed nose for a good four weeks now and I finally went to the doctor and got medicine( I am not a fan of going to the doctor so when I do go, I expect results and still not getting results) Anywhoo, I trudge on and even though I can't taste anything with a plugged nose, my family must still eat.  I will try this again when I have taste buds again.  All 3 boys enjoyed this, so it must of tasted pretty good.  Very easy and if you don't have turkey meat, use lean ground beef!!!

Clean Eating Black Bean Pumpkin Chili courtesy of The Gracious Pantry(she has such great, easy, recipes)

(Makes approximately 4 quarts)
Ingredients
1.5 lbs. lean ground turkey meat
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin purée
2 (15 oz.) cans black beans with their water – do not drain (no sugar added)
2 cups chicken broth or stock (no sugar added)
3 tbsp. cinnamon
3 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp. onion powder
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. curry powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Directions
Step 1 – Place the turkey meat, pumpkin purée, black beans with their water and chicken broth in a crock pot. Mix well.

Step 2 – To this, add 1 tbsp. cinnamon, 1 tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. garlic powder and 1 tbsp. onion powder.
Step 3 – Cook on high for 4-6 hours, depending on your crock pot.
Step 4 – When the meat is completely cooked, stir in 2 tbsp. cinnamon, 2 tbsp. chili powder, 2 tsp. cumin, 2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. curry powder, 1 tbsp. onion powder, honey, vanilla extract and vinegar. Stir well and serve.
Eat and Enjoy!
Nutritional Content
1 serving = 1 cup
Calories: 132
Total Fat: 4 gm
Cholesterol: 34 gm
Sodium: 258 mg (lower if you use low sodium chicken broth)
Carbohydrates: 15 gm
Protein: 9 gm

Comments

Popular Posts