Clean Eating Parchment Bag Tilapia

Parchment Bag Tilapia


For supper lastn night I was feeling fishy...so I decided to make "Red Lobster" inspired Baked Parchment Paper Tilapia....it turned out so good and packed with tons of flavor.  Husband and kid approved!  Modified the recipe from Tosca Reno at Eat Clean Diet.

• 4 sections of parchment paper cut into 12” x 16” pieces

•  Cooking Spray

• 4 x 5-oz tilapia fillets

• 1/4 cup  pesto sauce( see my pesto recipe below)

• 1 cup  carrots shredded

• 1 cup zucchini, shredded

• 1 cup  cabbage, shredded

• 4 cloves garlic, minced

• 1 tsp sea salt, divided

• 1 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided

• 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided

• 4 tsp low-sodium chicken broth, divided

Preparation- Serves 4
1.Preheat oven to 450°F
2.Fold parchment paper in half to create a crease. Unfold the paper and coat it lightly with cooking spray, leaving a two-inch border. Place fillet on one side of the parchment so it touches the fold but not the ungreased border.

3.Spread  pesto over fillet and top with carrots, cabbage and zucchini, then add a garlic to your tasting, I like garlic so I used a 1/2 teaspoon. Sprinkled that with some salt and pepper, then drizzled with evoo and chicken broth( about a 1/2 teaspoon each) 

5.Fold parchment paper over the fish and seal edges with narrow fold.

6.Repeat with remaining parchment paper, fish and vegetables.

7.Place packets on baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.

8.To serve, transfer packets to plate and open.

In place of tilapia, you can use other small, flat, white fish fillets, such as red snapper, sea bass, pompano, striped bass, halibut or cod.

Nutritional Value for 1 Parchment Package


Calories: 305

Calories from Fat: 146

Total Fat: 16 g

Saturated Fat: 2 g

Total Carbs: 7 g

Fiber: 3 g

Protein: 32 g

Sodium: 600 mg

Cholesterol: 45 mg

Sugar: 2 g

Pesto Sauce:
 I use this sauce on pastas too....yummy.  I just throw things in and don't really measure out when it comes to my pesto...that way each time tastes different.

Around 3 cups fresh basil leaves
Threw in about 1 cup of  fresh parsley

2 cloves garlic, minced
 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

 Sea salt
 
Put this all in my Magic Bullet(which I use for everything) pulsed and got it all pureed together...voila'...pesto sauce....I would say my pesto is the besto...(don't judge, I thought it was funny)

Comments

Popular Posts