Treadmill Workout and Bootcamp Madness

Had a whopper of a treadmill workout on Monday when the Iowa weather was not so cooperative.  It went as follows:
5 minute warm up at 5.0 pace

Now begins the 5 set interval run with increasing incline:
1st set
1.0 incline
1 min 5.0
1 min 5.5
1 min 6.0
1 min 6.5
1 min 7.0
1 min 7.5
Recover at 5.0 for 1 minute

2nd set
Incline 0
Same interval as last set, your Recovery minute starts your next set at 5.0 and increase each minute till 8.0
Recover at 5.0 for 1 minute

3rd Set (here is where it starts to get fun)
Incline 2.0
Same interval as last set, your Recovery minute starts your next set at 5.0 increase each minute till 8.0

Recover at 5.0 for 1 minute

4th setIncline 0

Same interval as last set, your Recovery minute starts your next set at 5.0 starts tincrease each minute till 8.0
Recover at 5.0 for 1 minute

Last set(the my legs feel like they are going to fly off my body set)
Incline 4.0Same interval as last set, your Recovery minute starts your next set at 5.0 increase each minute till 8.0

Recover at 5.0 for 1 minute

Cool Down- 5 minutes
1 minute 5.0
1 minute 4.5
1 minute 4.0
1 minute 3.5
1 minute 3.0
For the past three weeks I have been participating in our BootCamp Madness class in my town.  It is a half hour and it is brutal.
From website: "These workouts are based on the theory of muscle confusion and interval training, and each workout is designed to increase your cardiovascular and muscular strength while losing un-wanted BODY FAT.

We utilize a circuit training approach with strength and cardio stations. This style of workout is easily adaptable to a variety of fitness levels and personal needs. The workout changes daily to keep you motivated and improve your progress toward your goals."

I am loving it and my body is too(afterwards) during the workout my body is screaming at me.  My husband has lost 8 lbs and I am definetly firming up, but have also lost about 3lbs.  The great thing is, anyone can do it.  It is how hard you want to work and it is adaptable to all levels. Carlos our instructor is a great motivator and pushes you to your limits.  I will also have the opportunity to offer my yoga classes there.  I can't wait.  I will let you know class times and such if you are from around this area and are interested. 

Take care and look to some recipes here pretty soon now that I am back on a routine with work and the boys! 

Comments

  1. I am so happy after reading your Fitness Blog. I am proud to have you, your husband and all the other participants at Boot Camp Madness.
    I started this company and system to help and motivate people to change their lifestyles so, I'm glad it is working for you and others. Happy also that yoga will start soon.
    Carlos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts