Ever need some healthy comfort food...Chicken and Hashbrown Casserole coming your way

Well, the butt and legs are certainly feeling my new found love for my bike.  I am loving it though, what a great workout.  Last night I lifted, squats, rows, lifting I hadn't done since high school and college athletics...and what a rush to get back into it.  My friend Carrie is my tri coach and she is doing a great job challenging me and keeping me motivated. 

While training for triathlons my appetite is working overtime I feel, and I felt like we needed a good comfort food.  Browsing through the freezer and I saw that I had hashbrowns and chicken and voila, Chicken and Hashbrown Casserole..healthified. 

*I mad extra chicken so I can make some super delicious chicken salad on rye for lunch tomorrow
Ingredients


1 Bag frozen shredded hash browns (8 cups)

1-12oz Canned Chicken breast (about 1 2/3 cups) or I used cooked chicken breast

1 can fat free cream of chicken soup

1 cup fat free sour cream

1/2 cup skim milk

1/4 cup chopped green onions

2 cups shredded reduced fat colby jack cheese

1 cup crushed bran flakes
Directions

Preheat oven to 375°.

Spray 9 x 13 inch baking dish with Pam, then add 4 cups of hash browns. (No need to thaw.) In separate bowl, mix chicken, soup, sour cream, milk, and green onions, then pour 1/2 of this mixture over hash browns. Sprinkle one cup grated cheese on top. Add remainder of hash browns and pour remainder of mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, then cover with crushed corn flakes.

Bake for 55 minutes.

Number of Servings: 10

Comments

Popular Posts