Energy Bars Recipe

I adapted this energy recipe bar from Ellie Krieger, a registered dietician, on the Food Network.  I love her recipes. So easy and so healthy and she feels taste shouldn't be sacrificed in order to be healthy.took pictures but blogger or my computer is not cooperating. I will add those in at a later time.  Just wanted to get the recipe out for everyone. Hope you like. I know Bryson did and so did I.


1 cup quick cooking rolled oats


1/2 cup toasted wheat germ

1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour or whole wheat flour

1/2 cup dried apricots

1/2 cup of craisins or whatever dried fruit you like

1/2 cup powdered nonfat dry milk

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/3 cup pure maple syrup

2 large eggs

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.

Place all ingredients except the syrup and eggs in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Add the syrup and eggs and pulse until the mixture is well combined. It will resemble a coarse paste.


Transfer to the baking pan and spread evenly. Bake until just done, about 20 minutes. Cut into 20 squares.

Comments

Popular Posts