Baked Donuts--Yummo!

Got my workouts in for the weekend. Yesterday had my personal trainer date with Jillian Michaels and her 30 day shred....then the treadmill and I had a 3 mile run to take care of, interval style.  Every 5 minute interval I go from  5.5,6.0.6.5.7, 5.5., makes the 3 miles go fast and time.  Feels good to be back really running.  Like I said, I have my first 5K in April so I have to get a move on and get back in the groove.  Today Bob Harper, I, and the kettlebell rendezvoused for a nice 50 minute workout. I love that I can feel it in my butt. 
So here it is...Baked Donuts. Adapted from PreventonRD

1/2 cup all-purpose flour


1/2 cup whole wheat flour

(If you don't like whole wheat flour, just use 1 cup of all purpose flour)
1/3 cup sugar

3/4 tsp baking powder

3/4 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 egg

1 tub (150 gm) fat-free plain Greek yogurt

1 Tbsp canola oil

2 tsp lemon juice

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate morsels or strawberries, or blueberries, or peaches or whatever the heck you want in your doughnut. 



Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine egg, yogurt, canola oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing until just combined.

Spray the donut pan with nonstick cooking spray and divide the chocolate morsels in the bottom of each of the donut tube pans. Divide batter among pans. Place the batter only half full (or less) so that you will see donut hole when baked. They rise a lot!

Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack. Yield: 12 donuts.


Nutrition Information (per donut): 87 calories; 2.3 g. fat; 18 mg. cholesterol; 163 mg. sodium; 14.8 g. carbohydrate; 0 g. fiber; 2.6 g. protein

Comments

Popular Posts