A "Zuppa" Soupa tailgate party

Long time no post, I know this.  We have been busy with football games, life, and such, but it is no excuse.  Last Friday we decided to host a tailgate party for some of our friends.  I wanted to make a hearty, healthy soup and the first thing that came to my mind was Zuppa Soup.  My friend Summer provided the recipe once and I have used it ever since for many an occasion.

SERVES 4 -6 (change servings and units)


Ingredients
* 1 lb Italian sausage (I like mild sausage)

* 2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half,and then in 1/4 inch slices

* 1 large onion, chopped

* 1 package of turkey bacon

* 2 cloves garlic, minced

* 2 cups kale or swiss chard, chopped

* 2 cans low sodium chicken broth

* 1 quart water

* 1 cup skim milk

Directions

1. Thoroughly cook sausage

2. Drain sausage

3. Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pot, and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.

4. Add sausage and tukey bacon.

5. Salt and pepper to taste.

6. Simmer for another 10 minutes.

7. Turn to low heat.

8. Add kale and skim milk.

9. Heat through and serve. 
 
Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts