Last nights supper....wowza

Last night was a Balsamic Glazed Chicken Breast sandwhich on Foccacia Bread with spaghetti squash on the side.....and all I can say is, second's please.

Started off with some chicken breast slices, a little EVOO(extra virgin olive oil) dash of salt and pepper and cooked them through, added 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and cooked with the chicken until the balsamic vinegar took on a syrupy consistency.  I forgot the picture but after the chicken was done cooking, I set it aside, wiped out the pan and carmelized some onions. 
                               
                                      I got some oh so scrumptions parmesan focaccia bread from Hy-Vee


Assembled the sandwhiches.  Focaccia bread cut in half, layer with chicken, then add layer of carmelized onions, and lastly, the cheese of your choosing.  I used shredded skim mozzarella....Bake till cheese is melted and bread is toasted......drum roll please

It was so good, the balsamic vinegar mixed with the carmelized onions was a perfect combination. 

The spaghetti squash was from our garden.  I simply cut it in half, scooped out the seeds, threw it in the microwave with a little butter, salt, and pepper, till it was tender.  I think you can see why they call it spaghetti squash, as your removing it with a fork it comes out in long noodle like strings. Sooooo gooood... 

I am anxiously awaiting this weather to cool down so I can get outside and run. 

Comments

Popular Posts