Wow...what a weekend

What a great 4th of July weekend. Busy.Jam packed.Fun-filled. Everything about it was awesome.  Kyle and I ran the Firecracker Run on Saturday morning. I got 3rd place in the women's division.  I don't know what for sure my time was until they post them later this week.  I can't even begin to tell you what we ate this weekend, but Friday night was a great meal. Sirloin Kabobs with fresh Sweet Corn, and fresh Green Beans from the Garden.  A couple pictures.  Trying to cook, entertain a 3 year old and your parents, leaves little time for pictures.   

Soaked some skewers in water so they would not burn up...learned the hard way:)


Assembled the skewers. Sirloin( marinated in Famous Daves Sweet and Sassy,soy,worchestire, honey), green and red peppers, onion


Fresh Sweet Corn from the Farmer's Market uptown.  Yummy. So good....so sweet...


Today's Menu:
Breakfast: Mulitgain Cheerios with 1 English Muffin half, other is for hubby
Morning Snack: Yogurt
Lunch: Leftover spaghetti with grill sweet potatoes
Afternoon Snack: Special K Crackers with either Hummus or my new favorite Laughing Cow Light Cream Cheese Wedges...Garlic and Herb....
Supper:  A grilled chicken and veggie pasta combo...

I am back and ready to blog with new food ideas, new exercise tips, and more.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts