Primo Burritos, how I love thee

Saturday we decided to head to the Cedar Rapids Farmers Market.  This is about 6 blocks or more of vendors from everything you can imagine.  vegetables, fruit, flowers, clothing, jewelry...so much to take in, but we were focused on one thing....a PRIMO BURRITO.  These babies are a breakfast wrap filled with hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, eggs, cheese, and all sorts of goodness.  They are huge so Bryson and I enjoyed sharing one.   






Squeal...makes me want another one real bad

I want to pass on a recipe that I used on Monday.  Baked Ziti. 

1 lb. ziti ( I love, love, love, the multigrain pastas from HyVee)
1 lb. low fat ricotta cheese

1/2 c. Parmesan cheese

1 egg

1 tbsp. parsley

1 lb. skim mozzarella cheese

Homemade tomato sauce or marinara sauce

Cook pasta according to package directions, al dente. (Do not overcook pasta.) Drain. Mix remaining ingredients (except mozzarella cheese and sauce). Fold into pasta. Spread some tomato sauce to cover bottom of 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Spoon pasta mixture into dish. Slightly stir a little tomato sauce into pasta (approximately 1 cup). Slice mozzarella cheese and slip into pasta mixture and on top of entire dish. Spoon some sauce on top to cover with a thin layer.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted and pasta is heated through. Serve with additional sauce and Parmesan cheese

Got a couple of 30 day shred workouts with Jillian in.  I have been jumping on the elliptical a lot more lately.  It is a lot easier to get my reading done on the elliptical than running on the treadmill. Mixing your workouts up makes exercising a lot less tedious and more enjoyable, I think.
 
Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts