Exercise by itself is not enough: losing weight takes better nutrition

I started off my morning right with some overnight oats, recipe provided by IowaGirlEats, and let me tell you these did not disappoint.  Filling, chewy, all the flavors meshed well.  This will be a staple morning breakfast for me. 

Recipe:
1/3 or 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats
I yogurt(any flavor, any brand you prefer)
Sprinkle some chia seeds ( I will have a post on the health benefits of these little wonders)
Top with banana slices
I added a little fiber one crunched on top for a little crunch, but you can add almonds, granola, or nothing at all

Make this the night before, let it sit in the fridge overnight and in the morning you will have a very delish, and very nutrish:) breakfast

I was all out of yogurt so I made a run to New Pioneer Coop(which I love), our Health Foods Store, and decided to try some new yogurt.  Wallaby Organics was the lucky pick.  The taste was great, the texture was more runny than other yogurts but I didn't mind.  Sometimes I prefer the smooth texture over the chunky.  I will be purchasing again!

The finished product


To spare you more pictures:
Mid Morning Snack if I am feeling the hunger...breakfast filled me up good.  Cottage Cheese and fruit
Mid Afternoon Snack....special k crackers and a tbsp of soy chocolate nut butter

Supper: We are helping my sister move a table so they are treating us to Pizza from my favorite place...Pizza Hut....veggie...can't wait! Mouth is already salvating:)

TOPIC OF THE DAY

Exercise by itself is not enough:  losing weight takes better nutrition.

As a personal trainer, I frequently hear this phrase " I am exercising and I am not losing any weight".  I ask them to tell me what they are doing, and what there daily eating regimen is....and there we find the issue. Exercise makes you healthy in other ways, better blood pressure, heart rate, and mood but attaching it to losing weight is not always the right thing to do.  I believe you need to start changing the little things in your diet to work in conjunction with the exercise...
example: Go to the gym, workout for an hour moderately and burn about 400 calories...you come home see a cookie, consume 100 calories with that cookie in less than a minute.  People underestimate the caloric intake things have. 

I am not saying no carbs, sweets, sugar, soda or fried foods....a girls or guys gotta eat and have some fun, but I am saying that there needs to be a healthy balance.  As you can see by my blog, I try to eat 5 times a day, breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, supper...and yes occasionally that something sweet for my sweet tooth.   If you deprive yourself you are only going to want more.  Balance and moderation are the keys here. Pay attention to the portion sizes.  When I became a Nutrition consultant I did an evaluation on my eating habits.  I have changed some things, modified others, and I like the direction I am going now.

I have noticed personally that since I have adapted this eating 5 times a day in addition to my exericse regimen, weight loss seems to come easier for me than it has in the past....once again, just my personal opinion.

30 mintes of physical activity a day, that is all I am asking from you.  10 minutes here, 10 minutes there, make time, find time!

Comments

Popular Posts