"Beefing" up my golf game

I am enjoying my Wednesday night women's golf league, even though "inconsistency" is the name of my game.  As a personal trainer I am always looking for ways to strengthen and improve my performance. We know golf is all about your core muscles and balance so that is what I focused on.  I scoured through my magazines and material and found a an exercises that I really enjoy doing and feel itcould be very beneficial to my swing speed, power, and distance.  That is if my club wants to cooperate with the ball! 

Trunk Rotation:

Step 1: Assume a standing position with your arms straight and hanging down in front of you, holding your medicine ball or dumbbell.


Step 2: As you step forward with one leg, rotate your upper body to that same side, holding the medicine ball or dumbbell chest high the whole time.


Step 3: Return to starting position and do the opposite leg.


Step 4: Repeat each side 10 times for 3 sets.


Breakfast this morning consisted of a thin wheat bagel, 2 egg whites, spinach, a couple strips of cheese.  Delish. Sorry no picture was running super late for work.


Mid Morning Snack. Yummy Yo Lite Yogurt with a colbyjack cheese stick.




Lunch is to be determined. I had golf last night so the boys are were on their own for supper, therefore no leftovers. I am thinking a HyVee Salad Bar run sounds pretty good.



Mid Afternoon Snack.  Special K Multigrain Crackers and some roasted red pepper hummus.  As soon as this container of hummus is gone I got a great recipe for some homemade that i am going to try. 

For Supper tonight, I am trying a recipe from http://iowagirleats.com/  her Teriyaki Fried Rice sounded delicious so I am going to give it a whirl

*Go take a short walk outside if you can, breathe in the fresh air, the weather is beautiful out today!

Comments

Popular Posts