Out of Hibernation

If you watch the news you will notice somewhere, some state is experiencing some kind of flooding, snowing, drought, etc...

We got the snow and ice.  Not a ton, but the ice was like rain yesterday, it was sleeting and snowing the whole day, luckily I had taken a day off from work so I didn't have to travel in it.  So, needless to say, we spent the day inside.  The boys did venture to the farm for some cattle work but weren't gone too long.  The boys built lego sets and played some Madden Football.




My cousin is getting married in June and the weekend before her wedding she wants to run a half marathon.  I haven't done a half marathon in a couple years.  The last race did not go well and I vowed not to run one again, but she is getting married....and I should probably do it for her.....so..... I hopped on the treadmill and did some walking/interval work for 45 minutes or so....  It really felt great, and I forgot how much I do love running.

 Today's weather after the ice-pocalypse was pretty nice...so the boys and I strapped on our snowshoes and headed outdoors for a "farm/nature walk"  They got snowshoes from their Aunt that leave footprints of a T-Rex and a bear.  Pretty fun for them.  You can check out the action on Snapchat(cswfityoga) or Instagram (TheWetjenWay)



 And I was left to push the snow off the front deck while the Fireman was helping his dad.  Oh my gosh, that snow was deep and heavy...and I was out there a good hour and a half...I just kept chipping away little at a time and I was drenched with sweat by the time I was done.  


What is the weather like in your town?  


Comments

Popular Posts