Chocolate balls, football, and taco bars

First things first....
I made these protein balls last night using Isodefine protein powder from GNC(GNC sent me a canister to review, I was not compensated for my review and all opinions are my own)...(Kyle even commented how good these were) as I caught him taking some nibbles out of the bowl.

PB and Chocolate Protein Balls

by Casey Wetjen
Ingredients
  • 8-9 Medjool Dates pitted
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 scoop of chocolate Whey Protein Powder( I used Isodefine by GNC)
Instructions
Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse till you get a paste like quality. Scoop up with a tablespoon and form into balls. Enjoy now or place in freezer and enjoy later.
Powered by Recipage


And then I forgot to bring one today for my afternoon pick me up....blerg!! 

Big E and I hit up Costco on Thursday night while the boys were at football practice and I saw Sardines...I can remember sitting at the table with my grandpa and him eating sardines out of the can and being so grossed out but I knew about the "health benefits" so I put on my big girl panties and bought them....and loved them...it basically tasted like tuna to me and these weren't little "fishes" they were kind of filleted....
 Veggie and Fruit prep when we get home saves so much time during the week, I can just grab and go for snack time!

Friday night Big E and I headed to the park for a little bit, I sure do love this time spent with him while the big boys are farming or helping someone...because I have already lost my first baby to fun "guys" stuff so I am relishing each moment with this guy while I can...


Saturday night my brother in law celebrated his business's 10 year Anniversary with a band and party!  It was such a great time just hanging out listening to some great music by Two Buck Chuck. 

 I may or may not have been a few beers in at this point:)
Sunday was spent going though my closet...I had stuff in there from college still that I thought, "oh I might wear that", well I hadn't so it went and I felt so refreshed after seeing my closet purged...

Sunday afternoon Big E and I loaded up the bike and headed into town to watch my nephews football game.
Of course the young'ens had their own football game going outside of the field too...
Needless to say we were starving by the time we got home so we threw together a taco bar....and chowed down...
There you have it...I have a workout post coming later tonight and a video so stay tuned...
--------------------------------------------------

What was your weekend like?

Comments

Popular Posts