Avocado Egg Salad

 Wow, I haven't posted in a long time.  What can I say, life and training for the half marathon have really been getting in the way.  My son has really taken to liking hard boiled eggs so I had some around and found this recipe in my recipe box and thought I would give it a try.  I think it came from Clean Eating Magazine. I LOVED IT!  So good, so creamy...and so good for you.  Enjoy.  I really need to start taking pictures of my stuff...mental note to myself...


 INGREDIENTS:

• 10 hard-boiled egg whites, diced
• 1/3 cup onions, diced
• 1/2 cup celery, diced
• 8 tbsp avocado, mashed
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
• Pinch sea salt (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. In a bowl, combine eggs, onions, celery, avocado and mustard. Stir until well mixed. Add paprika, pepper and salt; stir to combine. Leftovers can be stored in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days; don’t freeze.
Nutrients per 1/2-cup serving: Calories: 100, Total Fat: 4.5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g,  Carbs: 6 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 10 g, Sodium: 300 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg

Comments

Popular Posts