GOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL Setting...

Everytime I hear the word goal I just want to yell....GOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL...and now you are too aren't you!  Funny how words trigger something else and how it stays with you....

As I was looking back through my posts I saw my New Year's Resolutions post and how I didn't "start" any New Year's resolutions, and what I am looking forward to this year instead!   I did, however, jot down some goals for this year, as I am a total goal oriented person...playing sports my whole life, it is always about "the goal" to win conference, to win a state championship, go undefeated...etc...so I love goals....and I love accomplishing those goals and even surpassing them.  I thought I would share my tips and tricks for allowing those goals to happen!  These are just my opinions so take them as you will.....

1.  Be realistic...you can't do everything and sometimes things don't run on your schedule...I wanted to be done with having kids at 30(almost made it,31, God apparently had a different goal then me), teach lots of exercise classes( I can get two in a week while working full time), be there for my kids and husband( making supper every night and having that family time is crucial for us) and still have time for me(work in progress)....I have to realize that I can accomplish one thing at a time...teach a few classes now, and when the boys are older(and want to be with dad on the farm), then maybe take up a few more....

2. Prioritize....what goal is most important to you right now.  Is it to be healthier? to lose weight? to spend more time with kids?  Focus on one goal at a time...and in my experience this concept has allowed me to concentrate on acheiving that goal and see it through, one step at a time...MAKE A PLAN!

3. AIM HIGH I love setting "high" goals that I have to really work for.  I don't feel we should "do what we can", because we can always do more...example: In our bootcamp class a girl was doing mountain climbers and struggling and said she would do her best to do them, I told her to "get 30 in 30 seconds...I gave her a directive, I didn't let her " do her best' 'we AIMED HIGH" don't just settle for "doing your best"

4. And my personal favorite, Reward Yourself....you worked hard, you earned it...get the pedicure, or get those new lululemon yoga pants....be proud of your successes and accomplishments

My two cents worth on goal setting... what are your goals right now?


Comments

Popular Posts