Sunday Soup: Smoked Gouda with Chicken and Potatoes

So here I am posting my recipes for my weekly meal plans.  Better late than never I guess.  I thought for sure I had taken pictures but apparently I didn't or they are lost somewhere!

I adapted this recipe from The Lean Green Bean and absolutely loved it.  I would maybe take out some of the liquid so I could really taste the Gouda but still thought it rocked!
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 2 cups potatoes, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 4-6 cups smoked gouda, shredded
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 4 cups vegetable broth(here is where I would maybe use 2 cups for a thicker soup)
  • 3 cups skim milk(same here, maybe use 1 cup and then add more later if needed)
  • 2 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Instructions
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the red pepper, potatoes, garlic and onion and saute for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Put the cornstarch in a small ramekin, add a little bit of water and stir until smooth. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the milk and stir.
5. Slowly whisk in the shredded cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
6. Pour the cheese mixture into the soup and stir to combine.
7.Let the soup simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Serve warm!

Comments

Popular Posts