Happy National Donut Day Paleo Style

In honor of National Donut Day, I am featuring some donut recipes, but not your typical donuts.   I have been eating a pretty strict paleo due to some gluten/grain issues and just for the fact that it rocks(totally my opinion)...and not having a donut is torture so I was looking for some recipes online and I found about a hundred I wanted to try, but these stuck out at me and I will be making them ASAP.  

PaleoOMG featured these on here blog via TheUrbanPoser.....cue mouth salivatingPaleo OMG collage


Maple...good, Bacon...good, Donuts...heck yeah.....Natalie at Oven Love featured these drops of heaven
mapledonuts1



Heather at Multiply Delicious brought chocolate into the mixture with her paleo rendition
           

And I of course have to showcase my Cinnamon Almond Flour Donuts..the pictures are clearly not as good as the ones mentioned above but it is the recipe that matters, right:)
                                                           

Cinnamon Almond Flour Donuts

by Casey Wetjen

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup of coconut oil , melted
  • 2 TBS honey
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract)
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F.
Sift together all dry ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to blender
Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl. Add to the blender.
Blend until batter is very smooth. Pour into greased donut molds, filling about 2/3
Bake for 10 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

I hope you enjoyed looking at some yummy "paleo" donuts. Can't wait to try the recipes.

What is your favorite type of donut?

Comments

Popular Posts